Grants and Loans

Grants and loans are available to postgraduate students through Government Financial Assistance Schemes. Full-time students who have the right of abode in Hong Kong or have resided in or had their homes in Hong Kong continuously for three completed years immediately prior to the commencement of their studies, and who are enrolling in programmes that are exclusively UGC-funded or exclusively publicly funded as listed in the course coding sheet of the "Tertiary Student Finance Scheme – Publicly – Funded Programmes (TSFS) published by the Government Student Financial Assistance Agency, may apply for grants and loans provided by the Hong Kong Government. Under this scheme, grants are awarded to cover tuition fees and academic expenses, and loans are for living expenses. In addition, non-means-tested loans are also available to both full-time and part time students to cover tuition fees.

Individual universities may have additional bursaries and loans available for their students. Please visit the respective websites of the universities.